Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Signed, sealed and somebody else's

This afternoon we signed the paperwork to sell the lake house. Once the buyers sign tomorrow, it will fund and be a done deal. Several weeks ago, we spent most of the weekend up there emptying out our personal belongings. I was happy to sell it fully furnished because the river house we're buying will convey with lots of furniture. Oh sure, some of it isn't my style, but it's a good place to start. Thankfully, our lake buyers also wanted to purchase the jet skis and boat. I'm looking forward to using that money to pay for a bit of updating to the river house.

 




 

The oversized club chair and ottoman below were mother's favorite place to hold court at the lake. When I moved the ottoman out of the way while cleaning up one final time, I discovered her old house shoes underneath that she wore her last weekend up there in the fall and it made me all weepy.

It didn't look like our place anymore once the decor was packed away to take to the river house, so that made it easier to say goodbye. I left the new owners some lake specific things I bought for that house. The Lake LBJ vintage postcards I had matted and framed were a favorite of mine, but they don't make sense at the river. I've been collecting some Hunt and Guadalupe River black-and-white vintage postcards to frame for the new place. 

 

Our next step is closing the river house by the end of the month so we can get busy prepping it to host friends and family for the summer season. We're getting rid of the boat because it's time to float!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment