Saturday, April 16, 2022

Like a hawk

Until the chorkie gained some weight, we had to monitor him any time he was outside in the back yard because he was just the right size for a snack. We've had hawks in the neighborhood for years now. We've also seen bobcats, coyotes and foxes on our street, but that's a story for another day. I figure the momma hawk must nest around here somewhere. Every so often, we find the feathers of a meal that she enjoyed in the yard. 

I've been spending more time outside lately, watering in my new sod and plants to get the roots established before the Texas heat sets in. Sure enough, I've heard her and the fledged babies calling to each other. I even spied one of them in the yard this week and snapped a pic. She's camouflaged pretty well, but you can't miss her on the flattened part of the oak trunk above.


No comments:

Post a Comment