Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Step this way

Yesterday I had to dash up to the river house to meet the chimney sweep. We were told at the house inspection in the spring that we need to get it cleaned before the weather cools down and we're using it again. The husband and wife team showed up early, made quick business of the chimney and, thankfully, it wasn't as pricey as I was afraid it might be.

I noticed on my drive through the hill country that some of the trees are changing colors. Some have even started dropping leaves. Because duh, it's autumn. But then I started wondering if they're just dead leaves getting dropped earlier than I expected because we're in a record drought rather than a true shift towards fall temperatures. Only the Good Lord knows.

Realizing I hadn't seen the stairs down the cliff to the river since they were finished, I went over to take a look. I'm really digging the stain I chose. Now I'm just waiting for the electricians to come back out and install strands of those patio style lights that will run down the banister from top to bottom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment