Thursday, October 13, 2022

Typical Texas October

It may look like the holidays are just around the corner thanks to greedy retailers, but it's a mirage. Every year the big holidaypalooza that runs through the BER months kicks off earlier and earlier. On July 5 I started seeing pumpkins. Then Christmas displays began to pop up in September.

I love the holidays as much if not more than the next person, but this rush to get it out for the shopping masses has become a bit crazy. Even the husband's favorite ice cream brand hopped on the holiday wagon sooner than expected this year.


What's funny is that it certainly doesn't feel like the holidays here in south Texas. Below is a pic taken of my car's temperature reading this afternoon. Read it and weep. Or maybe sweat would be more like it. As much as I'd love to wear all of the long sleeves tops in fall colors I'm seeing in the stores right now, it would just result in heat stroke. So I'll be patiently waiting, as I always do, for those 9s to turn into 6s so I can really enjoy the seasonal temps that herald the holiday months for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment