Thursday, December 22, 2022

Israel odds & ends, the final post

I wanted to finish blogging about my Israel trip before Christmas, and here I am sliding in on the 22nd with a final post. It truly was the trip of a lifetime and I'm looking forward to visiting again once the husband retires.





The day we logged over seven miles of walking included a visit to a wonderful local open air market. We spent more than we intended on teas and spiced nuts, but it was a lot of fun getting to sample all of the options before we made our pricey purchases.


The t-shirts for sale in old town Jerusalem were interesting, mainly because there were so many US sports teams I recognized. I especially enjoyed seeing the one for Texas Tech.

We spied this bird taking a bath in a puddle atop Temple Mount one morning. It paid us zero attention and seemed singleminded about getting clean.

It seems that Y'ALL has hopped both the Atlantic and Mediterranean.

The historic and quite beautiful YMCA was across the street from our hotel in Jerusalem, lit every night to provide an excellent point of reference when out sightseeing.

I have no information about this building in the pic above, but I loved how the exterior featured tromp l'oeil decoration so that the actual balconies on the right side were duplicated in paint on the front.

I had hoped to do a bit of shopping during our layover at Heathrow. Thanks to fog and a three hour delay, we had to hot foot it to our gate. And so all I got was a quick snap of the Pret in our terminal as we hurried to catch our next flight.


No comments:

Post a Comment