Sunday, January 1, 2023

New year, improved storage

With the girls returning to Austin a couple days ago, the husband and I kicked off 2023 with several trips to the new house. We hauled all of my many bins of seasonal decor up there since Christmas was packed and ready to go. I'll be sharing my two car garage with all the pretties in easy reach on new metal shelves we put together this afternoon. Needless to say, the husband is glad he won't have to share and gets his own separate two car garage for tools and such.


Sometime this week I need to work on selecting things like new ceiling fans and light fixtures. I postponed ordering new dining tables, so I also need to get that off my to-do list.

I have two Restoration Hardware tables that I've really enjoyed, so I decided it was a waste of time to look elsewhere. I'll be putting the 72" round Aero (above) in the formal dining to seat six, while the informal dining space will have a 72" oval Aero to seat another six. With twelve large and comfy orb style dining chairs, I needed basic pedestal style tables that would accommodate them.


We selected new granite for the kitchen, coffee bar and butler's pantry before Christmas. I chose Snow Fall, seen above, since I didn't want anything too busy. It's always a lot of fun to walk the stone yard, looking at all of the pretty choices. I also picked out a new granite for my office, while quartz goes in the master bath. 

It will be lovely to watch this new place come together. Our contractor is juggling the main house upgrades, while working on completing the 4000+ sq foot barn. I believe it may steal the show once it's finished because it already looks great minus the windows and doors that still need to be installed.


No comments:

Post a Comment