Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The remodel marches on

I worked with our decorator on Friday to make some more selects for the updating at our new home. The lighter granite counters that were installed Thursday look so much better than the old orangey ones we removed. We also chose a distressed zinc plating with decorative nails for the bottom part of the ventahood to dress it up.



I ordered new vanity lights for all six bathrooms, as well as ten new ceiling fans. I'm waiting for delivery of the eight drawer pull options we're considering for both existing and new cabinetry. We went with ones made by the same company I used here in our existing house because they're so substantial, yet have clean lines. With a variety of both stained and painted cabinets that need new pulls, I went with an assortment of polished chrome, satin nickel, oil rubbed bronze and black bronze to be sure we get the right look for each space in the house.

The reason I've been in an ordering frenzy since the weekend is because our current house went under contract Saturday. I've been praying for the Lord to send us buyers who would be excellent neighbors, that have been looking for a home just like the one we created to meet the needs of their family. Sure enough, a lovely couple with two six-year-old twin boys seemed to fall in love with the place when they toured it Friday morning and wrote us a full price offer that included a lovely personal letter explaining why they chose our home. 

Y'all, God is so good! I was moved to tears because I truly believe He sent the right people who will love this home's set up and location. The big yard for kids to roam. Maybe build a treehouse. Get some critters for a 4H project. I'm just so happy for us and them, that we know it will be in the hands of those who will make some great memories here like we did. 

Over the weekend the husband and I trekked up to the new house to haul some things from our current workshop to the barn. We also cleaned up the pool and patio area. The sellers left a lot of old wicker furniture, pots with plants that have died with the winter cold snaps, plus the usual leaf debris and a thick coating of dust. Clearing it up really made the whole outdoor entertaining area look much more spacious. Porch swings for the pavilion have been ordered, and I've started looking for a new dining set, too.


When the breaker got tripped on our current freezer in the side-by-side unit several days ago, I took that as my chance to get it all cleaned up in advance of our big move. It's handy I enjoy a good purge, because I'll be busy with a lot of that in advance of packing up everything once we clear the inspection period on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment