Thursday, February 2, 2023

Critters & custom kitchen storage

A sweet little cat wandered up to our house recently. She was obviously someone's beloved pet, and so we took her to our local vet to check for a microchip after she decided to make herself at home. Turns out her owner was in California on vacation when they called the number on file. I'm thinking the pet sitter who let this very friendly kitty escape and hang out at our house from Friday to Monday got a well-deserved tongue lashing for their negligence.

Our older daughter's Chorkie that lives with us continues to be entertaining. He enjoys perching on laps when it's cold, as well as burrowing under covers. Alas, his back foot/feet always end up in the air at some point. There's no need to watch the door to let him back in because he has the stare and scratch routine down pat.




Thanks to the cold snap this week, very little got accomplished at the remodel. With no electricity for about 36 hrs now, we're hoping the pool pipes weathered the freezing temps since the system lost power. One thing that did happen is the cabinet stain samples. Our decorator chose three options for the new coffee bar, butler's pantry and master bath that compliments the kitchen cabinets. Each of them were used to stain a piece of alder and now it's just up to the decorator to make a decision.

I've been contemplating what to do in my master bath closet cupboard. We've never had his-and-hers closets before, but I think I'm gonna like it. I ordered some lovely blue jewelry organizers for one shelf. Now I just need to figure out how to best utilize the rest of this space.



One place where I'm adding helpful storage is in the kitchen. I'm truly spoiled with some lovely custom touches in my current home. Figuring I could locate these same custom options on my favorite homebuilders/remodeling website, I happily found all sorts of fun choices for our contractor to install. As soon as electricity is restored, I plan to take measurements and hatch a plan for some upgraded storage.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment