Friday, February 17, 2023

It's rodeo season, y'all

On Wednesday, I hosted some of my old teacher friends at the rodeo. We chose this date because Alabama was the musical performer. This group was my very first concert waaaaay back in the day, and I attended with my mother. Forty years ago, I was a sweet fifteen year old, while lead singer Randy Owen was 33. 

My mother always thought lead singer Randy Owen was a hottie. I think this was mainly because he bore a close resemblance to her husband at the time. Randy and I are both a bit slower and the gray hairs have really taken over, but he can still belt out the hits from their country and western superstar heyday.

They played lots of crowd favorites, as you'll hear below. I didn't make time to video my favorite tune of "Old Flame" because I was too busy singing along. I wish mother had been here for this sweet stroll down memory lane with me. 


I especially enjoyed how they had the old original music videos from the 80s playing on various screens while he sang some of their most famous songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment