Saturday, February 4, 2023

The ol' coffee & cabinet pull switcheroo

I have a favorite homebuilders/remodeling website that I've used to order all sorts of things since I discovered it in 2017. They have a wonderfully wide selection of items like sinks, faucets, ceiling fans and light fixtures, just to name a few. The prices are competitive, and the bulk of their inventory is deliverable within the week. So I've been busy buying some things that are going in the remodel house. 

I recently ordered an assortment of drawer pulls like those above in various sizes and finishes to decide what was the best look for both existing as well as new cabinetry. Once those arrived and we chose the winners, I placed a large order. Sure enough, an appropriately-sized box arrived Thursday afternoon on my front porch from the store's distribution center. I opened it up to discover this.

Y'all, what the what?! It was a box full of coffee concentrate instead of the cabinet pulls I was expecting. Realizing it was too late to call their customer service line, I stored them in the fridge and rang them up the next morning. Needless to say, the guy that landed my call was highly entertained. I believe he thought I was pulling his leg, so I sent him pics. Then we both had a good laugh. He said, "We don't even sell that stuff." And I'm like duh, it's certainly not offered on your website. I had sent him a pic of the label attached to the box and he verified it's from one of their distribution centers. 

The customer service guy immediately reordered the 80 cabinet pulls I chose so they'd arrive on Tuesday. But what about the six bottles of coffee, I asked him? He told me he'd ask his supervisor, but figured they'd just tell me to keep them. It's a shame I've never been a coffee drinker, but figure our twentysomething daughters will be happy to take them off my hands next time we see them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment