Saturday, April 1, 2023

A fool for April

I recently decided our front door needed an upgrade. Make that front doors since we've got two. After all of the homes we've had over the course of our thirty year marriage, we've never had double front doors before. I found a pretty monogrammed rug online at one of my favorite stores. Then I got in touch with the lady I found on Etsy, who has made me a couple floral wreaths in the last year, to get her to design a couple wreaths to compliment the rug. And voila, the front porch looks much more inviting.


Yesterday our contractor upgraded our ventahood. The decorator and I had him remove a wooden medallion a couple months ago to replace it with something more unique and eye catching. In casting about online, I ran across the idea to wrap that bottom section of the ventahood in metal. I shopped around to find a company that carried the metal and some decorative nails to complete the look. Our contractor cut the metal at a fab shop, then used the solution I purchased to distress it for me. Next we worked to come up with a good spacing for the nails so it could be mounted. I think this is exactly what the kitchen needed to give it a more custom feel, and I'm really pleased with the outcome.


Our younger daughter texted me this pic below. Her older sister was playing photographer this morning, snapping photos of her around campus in advance of graduation. I'm glad her college specific stole for Liberal Arts is white and goes with pretty much anything. The pink dress is her nod to Elle Woods from the movie "Legally Blonde" since our girl is headed to law school in August. 


No comments:

Post a Comment