Thursday, April 27, 2023

Spring temp swing in progress

With our typically changeable spring weather, where temps can fluctuate as much as thirty degrees from sunrise to sunset as well as day-to-day, I've still got soup in the dinner rotation. My most recent efforts were stuffed cabbage and broccoli cheese soup. Good thing the husband is a soup fan. The homemade chocolate chip and walnut cookies were a hit, too.

 

I recently walked out into my garage to hit the road for errands and almost stepped on this fuzzy fellow. It's my first tarantula spotting here at the new place. Since he was just minding his own business, I grabbed my broom and swept him out into the yard so he wouldn't get squished. I hope he repays my kindness by chowing down on the insect population that is on the increase with our warming weather.

Thanks to our moderate temps, the back porch is a nice place to sit in the mornings or late afternoons to catch a breeze. The older daughter's rotten little lap monkey likes to join me out there.

 

Our view has been much improved this week with the addition of fourteen pallets of Bermuda Celebration sod, as well as twenty yards of Colorado river rock in the landscaping beds that replaced the sad looking mulch. I've got nine more pallets of grass to be delivered Tuesday for the front yard. The prior owners had let this yard go to weed, so it will take a while to get it looking pretty again.



No comments:

Post a Comment