Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Updating stillllll underway

Hard to believe we moved into this house exactly seven weeks ago. The updating looks good, but it continues to be a work in progress. My custom office cabinets and granite countertop were installed the past two days. I'm so excited at the prospect of unpacking all of my office goodies that were put into boxes in mid-February. I especially love the accent lighting in the open shelving across the top where I plan to display the pretty blue and green antique/vintage glass I've collected the past six years.

Our custom mirrors in the master bath arrived yesterday, as well as the tops for both new dining tables, my desk and living room occasional tables. No more having to worry about risking my wrath by forgetting to use a coaster.

Over the weekend we were awakened in the wee hours of the morning by a loud crash. Our bleary eyed investigating uncovered that the kitchen undermount sink had dropped out of place. So first thing on our contractor's to-do list Monday was to install bracing to remount the sink. Thankfully, the plumbing wasn't affected when the sink took a dive.

As for the barn, it's at the mercy of the weather. With exterior painting still in progress, the process has been slow going this spring. Good news is that the loft is about dried in. Plus the welder installed the second fourteen foot tall double door frame today. I sincerely hope that the interior of the main house - my domain - will be finished in advance of mother's day so we can host the husband's side of the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment