Thursday, June 22, 2023

Fall Wall

I got a call last week that the rest of my fall landscapes were framed, so went to fetch them. With our decorator out of the country traveling, and me not wanting to have all seventeen paintings sitting around for another week, I decided to give it a go with hanging them. 

The husband and I did a good job of hanging my recently framed vintage Southern Living magazine covers from when I was a kid in the late 70s and early 80s. We had very little money back in the day, but my mother always carved out enough for an annual subscription to this magazine that was always on the coffee table during my growing up years. I can recall flipping through to admire the pretty pictures. I even read some of the articles. It was truly an inspiration to me, seeing the beautiful homes, food and decor on the glossy pages and imagining how nice it would be to enjoy those things one day.

Hanging those three was a piece of cake, so I think I let that go to my head and figure seventeen was the next logical step. <insert eye roll here> First thing I did was place them on the floor to try and get a feel for arrangement. And of course that brought it home to me how at times like this our decorator is worth every penny of her hourly rate and then some. After working with her for the past 20 years, and five houses later, I've learned some things along the way. But lest I get cocky, I always run across instances like this where I need her eye to pull it all together. 


I rearranged these pics for a solid hour. Walked away for a while and then came back for another look. Next I sent out pics to several folks for their thoughts. Then I decided to just go for it the next morning. I think it looks presentable, all things considered. Though honestly, it's clear the whole grouping should have been about 6-8" higher up the wall. You make your best guesses and give it a shot. And be sure that the decorator is available to hang all of the upstairs living room pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment