Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Updates & decor winding down

I'm hoping we'll get our final piece of custom cabinetry installed in the downstairs powder room by the weekend so I can close the door on this last bit of updating. Oh sure, we've been waiting an extra two months for the cabinets to be completed. Wah-wah. Our silver lining on the delay is that it's all soft close and beautifully made. We've loaded up most of the new garage entry cabinets with stuff we had temporarily placed in the guest bedroom downstairs, so that was nice to finally get things shifted into their proper spots.


My new floor lamp arrived a few weeks ago. Talk about a nice big shade!  I ordered one that was a sister to those already in the downstairs living. I've about decided that corner will be the best place for the skinny Christmas tree I'm waiting to order from Balsam Hill as soon as it's back in stock. It's never too early to start thinking about holiday decor, y'all.

A couple weeks ago I trekked out into the boonies to collect our cuckoo clock. I didn't mind because the drive was pretty. Plus I like that I'm giving my business to a retired local clock repairman who works out of his house and does an excellent job with reasonable prices.

Late last week I ordered several lights for the barn. The exterior paint is about finished. We're just waiting for the window and door overhang metal to arrive so it can be put in place. I'm really digging these lights, seen below. I think of them as farmhouse, but the place where I buy lights listed them as warehouse style. The copper versions I chose were a bit more expensive, but I think they'll look really good as they age in the elements and develop a nice patina.

Thanks to our recent rains, the 23 pallets of Bermuda sod we put down have greened up and appear to be taking root. This crepe myrtle in the dog's side yard is so heavily laden with blooms that the branches are sagging a bit. This time of year in the Texas hill country tends to be feast or famine in terms of precipitation. I'm just grateful the Lord has blessed us with rain for all of our lovely flora and fauna. 



No comments:

Post a Comment