Friday, June 2, 2023

Summer sliding on in

Ahhh, summer. I appreciated this time of year so much more when I was still teaching. Now it merely serves as the herald of hot weather and less traffic during rush hour. For Memorial Day weekend, I put out some patriotic decorations on our front gate. I found the Uncle Sam in an online shop that specializes in wreaths, but makes a couple different handpainted wooden decor pieces. I also got a few Santas for the most wonderful time of the year. They'll be making their debut in about five months.



In other house news, I dropped off six more paintings at the frame shop yesterday. That will bring my total to sixteen autumn landscapes of various sizes to create an accent wall in our downstairs living room. My idea was sparked by this painting below that I acquired over fifteen years ago with my decorator for a song. I've had it reframed and hung in every house we've occupied. Since the BER months are my favorite time of year, I decided to make this my focal point for a grouping of fall paintings. Besides the commonality of season, I made sure each piece has either blue water or blue sky. Some have both. Here's hoping it looks as good as I've been imagining it will in my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment