Sunday, July 9, 2023

Life with Finn

It has been a whirlwind three weeks with our new baby cairn Finn. He's such a precious little guy. Thankfully, he's getting the hang of using his puppy pads, as well as going outside. I still have to clean up accidents of both sorts, but no more than a time or two most days. I can't start the serious crate training for a few more weeks. In the meantime, Finn has what I've dubbed his safe room.

In the area right off the garage, I've created a space for him where he can't get into any real mischief. He has a couple beds and kennel to choose from, along with a puppy pad and space to stretch his legs. This is where he stays when I need to run an errand.

Shortly after we brought Finn home, I got a text from his breeder that Finn's mother Sissy died. I felt just awful for them because she was bitten by a rattlesnake out in the yard. If the puppies had still been with her, I imagine they would have followed her lead to investigate and perished, too. Farewell, sweet Sissy (below).

The timing of that was crazy. Not too long after we got our girl cairn Pepper six years ago, her dad Oz (below) was bitten by a rattlesnake. The breeder has all of her dogs take the rattlesnake vaccine because these venomous snakes are pretty common in Texas. Thankfully, Oz was rushed to the vet in time to survive it. And he's still alive today at the age of 12.

 

Earlier this week I couldn't help but laugh when I caught Finn starting to adopt the same sleep pose as our older daughter's Chorkie. With his cute little paws in the air, he's a sight to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment