Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Cinderella's new coach

With my aging eyes, I decided it was about time to upgrade my vehicle. Something that would give me a more commanding view of the road. Lots of beep-beeping and cameras to keep me from running into or over things. My current SUV served me well for the past five years, but I was ready to say goodbye to the now rather outdated silver bullet.

In October the husband ordered me a new SUV, with all of the safety bells, whistles and details I preferred. My go-to as an adult has always been silver or white exteriors with a light interior. Easier to keep clean. Dark colors here in Texas are to be avoided, as far as I'm concerned, where it gets surface of the moon hot for a big chunk of the year. 

This time I opted for a nice light champagne exterior color with shale and teak interior. We picked it up at the dealership on Saturday. It's really pretty, and I feel like I can see everything while driving. It floats along and I'm really enjoying it thus far. Now I just need to decide if I want to get a champagne painted grill guard for the front. I seldom drive at night, but deer here in the Texas hill country have been known to come leaping across the road in daylight, too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment