Thursday, January 4, 2024

Back in the saddle

I've kicked off the first week of January with my next Bible study lesson on John 9, when Jesus heals the man blind from birth. It's well-known, and yet the Lord has mercifully given me new insights via some of the wonderful commentaries He led me to read. If you aren't familiar with Warren Wiersbe, I can highly recommend his books to help deepen your understanding of the Bible, God's holy word.

Our younger daughter rang in 2024 in Austin, then hotfooted it back to Dallas on the first to buy the last of her textbooks in advance of the spring semester kicking off today. In law school, there are always assignments to prepare in advance of class. Even the first day.


I've been so happy that as our girls have gotten older, they've become closer. With an almost six year age gap, I often wondered if it would happen. What a blessing that they enjoy each other's company, and doing things together. It tugs on my heartstrings when they send me pics like the two above. I recently forwarded them this screen shot below that I took from an online news article. Nothing would please Nan and Da (our grandparent names) more than to live close to the girls in our retirement, so that we can share in their lives as they settle down to marry and start families. Our dream is a farm and/or lake house set up so we're a destination the kids and grands want to visit on weekends and holidays. Pygmy goats to pet. Fish to catch. Lure them over and enjoy them is my game, y'all. And probably take them along for some travel, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment