Saturday, December 30, 2023

Goodbye 2023

This morning officially heralded the end of the holiday season for me, when our younger daughter packed up her car and headed back to Dallas via her older sister's house in Austin. I'm always sad to say goodbye to the girls after a visit, whether it's long or short. I might even miss the chorkie dog a little bit, too. After lunch with my sister, I came home to take down our gate decor, unplug the candy cane wrapped trees in our yard and replace the Santa front door wreaths with two cute winter snowmen.

We've been enjoying some gorgeous weather this week, cool temps and sunny skies. I keep telling myself I'm going to get my dusty car washed and added it to my to-do list, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe that's because the new SUV the husband ordered for me in October was recently completed and is just waiting to be trailered to the dealership. And so now I'm not particularly motivated to keep the silver bullet sparkling anymore.

I'm wrapping up my final blog post of 2023 with a nod to Finn and Pepper, my faithful companions here in our empty nest. I look forward to getting back to my routine next week, walking Finn, doing my daily Bible study and cooking up big pots of yummy soup for the winter season. I hope everyone out there in the interwebs ends the year safe and sound. I pray the Lord blesses you with health and happiness in the coming year as He reaches out His hand to you in ways that touch your heart. May you walk in His love, mercy and peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment