Friday, December 15, 2023

Finn the menace strikes again

I really hope Finn wraps up the naughty puppy stage shortly, losing his interest in picking up everything and giving it a chew. Otherwise I'm in for twelve plus years of having to watch the little devil like a hawk to keep him off the vet's operating table to remove various inedible items from his gut. He's still chowing down on bark, acorns and leaves in the back yard. Plus any bugs he finds. The new fireplace screen has kept him out of the decorative gravel. Alas, now he has moved on to throw pillows.

The living room was in need of a final santa hooked wool pillow to wrap things up, so I ordered one that arrived last Wednesday. I put it out on the sofa with no fanfare or doggy interest. Thursday morning I was in my office reading my advent devotional when I realized Finn had wandered off from his dog bed next to my desk. When I walked into the living room looking for the little beast, I spied him on the floor dismantling the stitching on my brand new pillow. I'm sure the neighbors heard me scolding Finn. Actually, the whole metroplex might have heard me losing my cool when I realized what the stinker had done. I'm pretty sure he has firmly cemented his spot on Santa's naughty list this year. Unfortunately, that coal in his stocking would probably get gobbled up, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment