Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Christmas 2023

The most wonderful time of the year was a wrap this morning when I opened my eyes and hopped out of bed to begin storing my Santas for the next 46 weeks. The only remnants of Christmas are our front door wreaths and gate decor. All of that will get pulled down this upcoming weekend. That just leaves the fence and tree lights to be removed by the holiday lighting folks in mid January, even though I turn them off for the season on new years day.

We had a nice gathering here at our house on Christmas Eve. Then we went over to have Christmas Day with the husband's family in San Marcos. We'll be enjoying leftovers for the next few days. We've got several bowl games to watch, though we're skipping the Alamo Bowl this year since we don't have any skin in that game. I'm planning to spend time with our younger daughter the remainder of the week before she hits the road to Austin to see her sister for a few days. Then on January 1st she'll head back to Dallas to get her apartment up and running in anticipation of the spring semester kicking off a few days later.  

Every holiday we get to spend with family and friends is special, particularly with the older generation. So many things can happen over the course of a year, both happy and sad. It's important to make time to invest in those we love and not take them for granted. Oh how I wish I could have just one more Christmas with my sweet granny and mother. I can bounce along for days without them crossing my mind. But at the holidays I think we all get nostalgic for the "old days" and what we enjoyed in our younger years, when time seemed to stretch ahead with seemingly endless potential and plenty of opportunities. I hope you got to hug your family tight this holiday season and spend some quality time with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment