Tuesday, March 19, 2024

TJ's Dutch puppers

While in Holland, I enjoyed getting to know TJ's pony-sized doggos. Old man Monty is a Landseer and puppy Rabbit is mostly St Bernard. That's a whole lotta fur and slobber on four legs, y'all. But they were just so danged sweet. Truly gentle giants. 

While our terriers aren't particularly fond of riding in the car, both Monty and Rabbit were happy to lounge in the backseat while we took in some of the sights. I thought Rabbit might be rambunctious since he won't celebrate his first birthday until the summer. However, they were both at ease lounging around in the apartment minding their own business most of the time.


 

Rabbit really enjoyed time spent on the balcony watching the world go by. Monty was always glad to flop over and let me scratch him until my arms got tired. Walking them was so very different from our little yappers. Because of their sheer size, my friend devised this double leash method of attaching them to your waist in order to maintain control. She learned this lesson after being dragged down a few times. It didn't take long for me to get the hang of it... keeping up with their leisurely pace, not scraping up the sidewalk with my knees.

I couldn't help but laugh when big ol' Rabbit assumed the same legs up pose our Finn does when he's totally relaxed while snoozing. It's obviously not just a smaller dog thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment