Friday, January 3, 2020

Resolutions

Every year it's the same old thing in the media and on blogs. Work out more. Eat better/less. The vanity concerns. For 2020, I'm trying to get in more of this - God's word. I love my BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) class, and I highly recommend this in-depth study for anyone wanting to dive deeper in the Bible. 




Every time I drive up to our house, I enjoy seeing how the brick work on our little enclosed patio area off the master suite has crosses in it. It's a nice reminder of where my focus and efforts should be, remembering how God sent his son Jesus to die for the sins of the world so that we might overcome death through faith in God's ultimate gift to us.


Oh sure, I'm working out again. Eating less sugar. Slathering on my eye and neck creams more consistently. Scheduled a consult about getting my lenses replaced... the ones on my actual eyes, so I can finally see 20/20 and go glasses/contacts free for the first time in memory. But all of that pales in comparison to the REAL commitment I need to make in 2020, staying in God's word and living out a more holy life as He directs me. All of the skinny jeans, smooth skin, and improved vision pale in comparison to loving the Lord, our one true God, and living out all of the time I have left in this mortal body choosing Him every day. Not gonna lie... less laugh lines and love handles would be nice, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment