Sunday, January 5, 2020

Travel prep

In celebration of the older daughter finishing her second masters and me surviving the last 20 years of education for this girl, we're taking a much anticipated trip to see the pyramids in less than a month. So I've been busy looking online to prep us for our visit to Egypt. 


I bought an overview book so I can check out the highlights of our itinerary hotspots instead of looking like an Egyptian village idiot. I also purchased a new sun hat. The one I use here at the house for pool, patio and yard chores is looking a bit worse for wear. I also ordered a brand new portable charger, plug adapters - can't travel without my hair straightener and iPhone - and a long scarf to cover my head. There's no such thing as too conservative, or cautious, in the middle east.


For this trip I decided to buy and try a rolling duffel bag, my single piece of checked luggage we're allowed. I still get to bring a carry on and cross body purse, but I've already got excellent options of these things from prior travels. The suitcase I used for Peru summer before last, and every other trip since then, is getting a bit frayed. It was cheap and super lightweight, which was exactly what I needed for South America. Alas, you get what you pay for. So I searched online reviews and opted for this sturdy yet not-too-heavy 29" rolling duffel. I'll let y'all know how it goes once we're home and I'm shaking the sand from my bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment