Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Fried squirrel, anyone?

Today was the first day of demo in the remodel house and it seems we've acquired some new tenants over the course of the past week. The contractors heard some scratching and went into the vintage pink and maroon tile bathroom to discover this mess on the floor.


It seems a couple squirrels accessed the attic and decided to make a nest in the bathroom vent/light fixture.


The exterminator is schedule for a visit tomorrow in order to block access and hopefully keep the furry little rodents from doing any more homemaking or havoc wreaking in the attic space. When I was a little girl, I remember my mom's dad bringing home a bag full of squirrels that granny would cook for lunch - chicken fried squirrel. For real. Thankfully, I don't recall actually eating any squirrel. However, I would certainly be amenable to dropping any further squirrel squatters in a vat of boiling oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment