Saturday, December 2, 2017

It's DECEMBER!

We kicked off my most favorite month of the year with a trip to Waco for state cheer competition. The 11th grader was bummed her squad didn't bring home the gold, but they finished a respectable 5th place. Some of the talent was college level amazing.


I love the pic above, getting her hair teased by one of the coaches.


It wouldn't be Texas cheer unless the girls were wearing big ol' hair bows on top of their heads. Below you can see we went a bit overboard securing our spots to watch them perform both days.



While I was there, I finally made it to the Magnolia Farms Fixer Upper Silos to see the Gaines business venture. That woman has done wonders for subway tile and the modern farmhouse look.



Then we got to celebrate the 11th grader turning 17 with breakfast and a haircut. She looks so grown up these days. I'm gonna blink my eyes and she'll be headed off to college, leaving us empty nesters. Time can slow down now, thank you very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment