Sunday, June 10, 2018

Can't Beat the Heat

It's only June 10 and yet we're already pushing the triple digits. We've recently kicked off our annual summer drought here in the hill country. I'm in hell and the weather forecast is proof.


Even our local wildlife is miserable in this heat, trying to keep cool on the in-law's back porch in the shade early this afternoon.


The husband is promising me that we will purchase my much anticipated house in the mountains on a lake in the next couple years once we get the second and final chick shuffled off to college. This is what I long for when I'm sweating buckets at seven in the evening while hand watering our new landscape plants... standing in the shade. I'm envisioning cool, clear waters with temps that might call for a light jacket in the early mornings/late evenings. I have this dream of making s'mores by the fire pit in our backyard at the lake with our eventual grandkids and we AREN'T sweating while we do it.




Topping my list are several lakes in North Carolina and Idaho. Because even though we can still do fun things like pick fresh peaches during Texas summers...



I'm thinking temps in the 2000-3000' elevations, with blue lapping lake waters included in the view, will pull me north. I'm hoping we can lure friends and family here in the oven that is Texas from about Memorial Day to Halloween up for visits to enjoy a change of scenery and more moderate temps with us. Lakeward, ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment