Thursday, December 20, 2018

Mimi's trip back home

I'm not sure if doing something for two years in a row qualifies it for annual status quite yet. My mother (aka Mimi) wanted to go back "home", the little town where she grew up, to visit a few friends as well as the cemeteries to put flowers on the graves of her mom and dad. So we loaded up and hit the road Friday morning for a flying weekend trip to Southeast Texas. 


At the old country cemetery where my pawpaw is buried, we had assistance from this cat who wandered up for some attention.



Lucky for me, we got to eat at some of my favorite places. I could have eaten my weight in the tasty seafood and Tex Mex we enjoyed on Saturday and Sunday. It was a lovely gastronomic stroll down memory lane for me.


Meanwhile, the husband and older daughter in from grad school took cairn Ollie to hang out with some local pups at the dog park and enjoy holiday decor downtown. The younger daughter went with her boyfriend to a Spurs game, where his family has season courtside seats. A lovely perk in these seats is photo time with a player. A very tall man, indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment