Sunday, December 9, 2018

Puggies past one's prime

Last weekend, my mother had her annual first weekend in December old ladies trip to visit the Texas Christmas markets. Therefore, I was in charge of riding herd on her two ten year old pugs, Max and Ruby. Which was basically me running the canine version of a nursing home. Their puggy pills were in one of those days-of-the-week pill boxes. And they had to be hidden in a cheese chaser to get them down. 


Since their teeth are loose and falling out these days, I had to fix them squishy food with some dry mixed in for meals twice per day. They hobble around on stiff legs due to being overweight all these years - like two sets of chopsticks holding up a bowling ball - in addition to arthritis. Since the weather had warmed up, they enjoyed sunning themselves on the patio. I had to pay my cleaning lady an $70 extra to clean up the pug hair all over the saltillo tile floors in the cabana since that's where they stayed while their doting mother was gone. Pugs really are sweet and cute, but OMG the hair they shed will drive a neatnik like me up the wall trying to stay on top of the constant shedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment