Sunday, June 30, 2019

Momma raccoon

No matter how big the city, we always have wildlife. Where we live, which has a population of about 1.5M folks, I still see a variety of wild animals in our yard. Plus the neighbor's weenie dog that slithers beneath our front gate to use our yard as his off-site toilet, but that's a whole other story.

Our ring cameras have become my own personal critter crams. I've seen foxes, skunks, squirrels, and even a ring tailed cat via video thanks to recorded clips in the middle of the night that are sent to my phone. And I can't forget the raccoons. I see them most frequently on my ring videos. One day last week, I noticed on my video that a raccoon was hustling quickly in front of the ring camera and took a closer look. Sure enough, she was carrying a baby raccoon in her mouth. The video time stamp was close to dawn, so I'm assuming she decided to move her baby at the last minute and was in a hurry. I took a screen shot of the video - see below - but it's a little blurry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment