Monday, July 1, 2019

Playing tourist

My mother's friend from high school came for a visit this last weekend, with her sister and daughter-in-law in tow, so I played tour guide down on the riverwalk for the ladies. We took a cruise on the new river boats Saturday morning before it got too hot. 




There were ducks all along the river, in and out of the water, as well as mommas with babies. In most places, the river is maybe 3ish feet deep. If tourists get a bit tipsy at all of the bars and restaurants lining the riverwalk and they topple into the water, all they have to do to save themselves is stand up. 



After our river tour ended, we took the trolley over to Market Square to have lunch at Mi Tierra. The decor is a bit over the top. I wish I could say the same thing about their food, because I'm consistently underwhelmed every time we bring visitors. We really do have some great Tex-Mex in the city... it just isn't found here.


This rather diminutive Elvis, seen below, gave us a fright. We though it was a mannequin until he moved after I snapped the pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment