Thursday, September 19, 2019

Family reunion

It was a super brief visit, but we loved every minute of our weekend with the girls in South Carolina. The grad student drove over to join us from North Carolina. I rented an Airbnb on the lake, a brand new home that was perfect for us. We ate like starving dogs at our Tiger's favorite local BBQ/home cooking place. We shopped for some necessities. We helped hang some artwork the freshman ordered to decorate her dorm room. 






I also performed some mom chores. Thing like washing dirty clothes and sheets. In my bid for a mother-of-the-year nomination while she was in class on Monday, I performed this two step process to seal her tennis shoes so water and debris is supposed to just fall off them. The worst part was breathing in all of the noxious fumes from the spray cans. At my age, I can't afford to purposely kill off any more of the precious few remaining brain cells I've got.


When we returned home and began to unpack, I went to put my sunscreen back in its spot inside the clear organizer sitting on top of my bathroom vanity and let out a shriek when I discovered this spawn of Satan down in there. After a bit of a freak out, I emptied the organizer to take the corpse outside for disposal. When I wiggled it removing my toothpaste, the scorpion uncurled and started dancing around. Lord have mercy, it was ALIVE! I had a stomping good time outside on the driveway when it tried to get away. Crunch went the exoskeleton. Over 24 hrs later and I'm still bothered by the fact that this critter must have slithered down the wall and fallen into the organizer. That's the stuff of nightmares.



No comments:

Post a Comment