Saturday, September 28, 2019

Odds and ends of September

My mother and younger daughter were all dressed up and I snapped a pic of them. Alas, the black was for a funeral. But still a very striking color on them.


Filed under the tab of useless news, when the younger daughter was home last weekend she had a serious craving for Tex-Mex. It seems that's not something readily available in South Carolina where she attends college. So we took her for a Texas food fix at her favorite nacho place.


Since the kids have grown up and left the nest, I don't cook much anymore. But I had a hankering to get in the kitchen this week, so I whipped up some homemade beef tips with mashed taters, fresh corn off the cob and a caprese salad. And the salad totally didn't compliment the other three items on the menu that evening, but the husband and I enjoyed it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment