Thursday, October 3, 2019

It's fall, y'all!

Next week I'm hosting a fall luncheon for the ladies on my street. I've hosted luncheons the past three years and it looks like this will be the first one where it doesn't rain. As a matter of fact, a little cool front is slated to push through our area a couple days before. So instead of feeling like the gates of hell, it might actually be tolerable outside so that anyone who wants to dine al fresco on my patio furniture could do so without sweating buckets.

My amazing cookie lady Mandi has taken a full-time job and is no longer available much of the time. So I was afraid I'd have to try my hand at baking and decorating some sugar cookies this year to have at every place setting for the luncheon. This has become my thing. Thankfully, I was saved from the work and possible embarrassment when I found a neighbor on the Next Door app who highly recommended a cookie artist less than two miles from my house. So I'm looking forward to picking up a couple dozen decorated pumpkins from her next Wednesday and see what the luncheon ladies think of her efforts.

Speaking of pumpkins, I'm loving all of the pumpkin varieties I'm seeing in our local grocery store. Since I decorate with the creams, blues and greens, it's right up my alley.


But I've gotta say that the bin full of these pumpkins wigged me out a bit. The contrast of orange and green is interesting. And yet leprosy pumpkins? I'm just not sure about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment