Saturday, October 5, 2019

A bouncing baby boy dog

The grad student daughter has talked about getting a dog on and off for a few years now. Or rather pecked me like a chicken about why she needs a dog. How she wants a pet to keep her company. Sends me pics of dogs she finds on pet sites. And so she recently took the plunge, unbeknownst to us, and got a chorkie.

Dewey is about 9-10 wks old now and weighs almost a pound. That's right, he's rat-sized. But she seems really attached to him already and so I became a reluctant granddogmother. At this stage in the game, I'm not ready to be a granny and so I guess the bottom line is I'm glad she opted for a dog instead of a baby. It will be interesting to see what our two terrier doggos think of him when she finishes up this second masters in December, moving her and Dewey in with us for several months while she preps/takes her final CPA exam and prepares to move to Chicago for her auditing job at a Big Four accounting firm. I'll keep you posted at the pandemonium that will undoubtedly ensue.



No comments:

Post a Comment