Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Fall luncheon 2019

Oh sure, it's my birthday week, but I volunteered to host our quarterly luncheon for the ladies on my street tomorrow. This is my third year to host and I really enjoy it. The hostess provides the main, in my case smoked ham and roasted turkey. I've attended a few where the hostess has whipped up casseroles. King Ranch Chicken might be a future casserole possibility for me - so yummy! The rest of the ladies on the street bring sides and desserts. We usually have anywhere from 18-22 in attendance, ranging in age from 80s down to 40s. It's a really sweet group. 

I set it all up today, including what has become my signature hostess gift of decorated cookies for the season at each place setting. My new cookie lady did a great job with them. 


Every year I try a new seating arrangement and I think this may be my favorite thus far. We'll see how the traffic and conversation flows at the gathering. My "big" dining table seats ten comfortably. So I add folding tables to seat four more at each end of it. Then I set up my banquette for another trio. 



I'm a big fan of almond flavoring and was happy to learn that's what my new cookie lady Gwen uses in all of her edible creations. Best part - she lives less than two miles from me in the same neighborhood. It just doesn't get more convenient than that.


I usually come up with a trivia or guessing game, sometimes both. This year I just opted for a simple guess the number of fun-sized candies in the jar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment