Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Bad hair days

Although we're still at a deficit for overall rainfall in 2021, our May wet weather patterns have been doing their best to compensate. I haven't bothered to straighten my hair for several weeks now thanks to all of the humidity, and have been just letting it do its own wavy thing with a bit of mousse and gel. Fly free, whites and silvers!

At least our yards are looking brilliantly green these days. We had cut back this really stalky plant at the lake house over the winter. Right now it's looking fine, but I know that soon it will get too tall and totally take over again. So I imagine I'll need to have our yard guy dig that stuff up and discard. The blue fescue grass he planted over a month ago between the pool and bulkhead is looking really good. Just this  weekend I bought an ornamental strawberry tree for him to plant in the area where we removed that awful tallow tree back in the fall.

Above is what I bought at my favorite local nursery. Below is what I hope it looks like in 2-3 years. 
 

When we were en route to the lake to take a look at this lot for potential retirement home purposes...


we spied several turtles crossing the road at different spots around the lake. I'm thinking it's our recent rains that has them on the move. Or maybe love is in the air!


No comments:

Post a Comment