Thursday, June 23, 2022

Countdown to July 4th weekend

This is the hottest June on record for our area, y'all, and I've spent it sweating buckets schlepping things to the river house in anticipation of setting it all up for the Fourth of July holiday weekend. I've reached that age where moving is just work, not fun, ha-ha!


The flooring guys were super speedy, and a thousand feet of new hardwoods are now in place on the landing and in the secondary bedrooms of the main house. After working for over a month, the painters will finally wrap up this job by tomorrow. The kitchen cabinets with their new paint really make the granite pop more. The hutch in the dining area seems a brighter blue than I anticipated, but I think it will look fine once it's accessorized.



Yesterday, I put together dining chairs and a bench for the master bathroom. Tomorrow I have to meet the cable guys up there so they can update our connections to improve the wifi. The cleaner is scheduled to come Monday and Tuesday to get the house sparkling so the decorator and I can spend the next two days putting everything together.

Happy belated father's day to my husband and father-in-law, two of the best men I know. Our girls have been blessed by them over the years, and I adore them for the outstanding examples they've set and love they've shown for their families.


No comments:

Post a Comment