Tuesday, June 14, 2022

River house odds & ends

This is a banner week at the river house. The painters will wrap up over a month's worth of interior work on Friday. The day before, an installation crew arrives to remove the old carpet and tear up the parquet to prep the subfloor for our 1000' of new flooring. They'll also be putting our new hardwoods in the house to acclimate for several days. I'm super excited, y'all, because the floor is the last update before we place furniture and decorate.

In other news, I received an email on Saturday that the anticipated delivery of our new master nightstands was moved from June 22 to the first week in August. Um yeah, that's not gonna work for me. So I jumped on the computer and scoured the offerings from some of my favorite stores. About the time my eyes were ready to stay permanently crossed from looking at the screen, I ran across a bachelor's chest that looked like a great fit for our oversized bedroom. And even better - it was on sale. I texted pics to my decorator for a look and she agreed this new option complimented the large armoire we already have in the master adjacent to the fireplace.


Jesus should be arriving sometime this week. Not the rapture... though the way things are going in this world it wouldn't come as a surprise to lots of believers. 

The former owners of the river house were devout Catholics. They had countless crosses on the property, including a couple plaques declaring it Casa de las Cruces (House of the Crosses). In addition, they had a spotlit niche on the hill with Mary in it. When the property closed, we realized Mary made the move. As a Protestant, I've decided to put Jesus in the niche. I'll be adding a little red to the palms of his hands to denote the place where He was pierced by the nails on the cross. I want this statue to celebrate my savior Jesus, the son of God who died for the sins of mankind but was resurrected just as He told the disciples. Hallelujah!

I'm making some final purchases this week. Things like cute little black makeup towels for the guest baths, and felt feet for the new dining room chairs so they won't damage the cow hide beneath the table. The decorator decided we should have two vintage oars above the hutch that's getting painted "In the Navy" this week. <cue the Village People> Now I just need to trek over to the local craft store to buy a spool of rough twin or rope to cross the paddles before they get hung. 




No comments:

Post a Comment