Saturday, May 13, 2023

Coffee station is a wrap

Ten weeks later and I've finally put the finishing touches on the new coffee station we created between the kitchen and butler's pantry. With drawers below to store cups and all of the brewing necessities, including my holiday mug collection, I've got everything where I want it. I might add a milk foamer/frother, but don't imagine that will happen until the fall when we start thinking about warm drinks to ward off the chill once again.


I know everybody goes for the floating shelves these days, but it's just a classic look that lends itself to fun decor choices that give it some character. The french press came from England. The bird nest in a metal cloche came from my mother's house. Those green jadeite pieces were collected by me. 

 

I wanted a fun informal picture to punch up the space across from the coffee station, and found Buffalo Bob enjoying a cup of joe when I was snooping around online. While hanging him, we discovered a Bible reference by the artist - Psalm 86:14-17 that you can read below. What a wonderful reminder that we can be confident the Lord hears us when we call out to Him in difficult situations. The Creator of the universe and everything in it is infinitely bigger than our human minds can fathom, and only He is able to save us from our sin. What a blessing He is always trustworthy and extends grace to His people.


Arrogant foes are attacking me, O God; ruthless people are trying to kill me - they have no regard for you. But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. Turn to me and have mercy on me; show your strength in behalf of our servant; save me, because I serve you just as my mother did. Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.


No comments:

Post a Comment