Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Mother's Day 2023

This year we had a very laid back mother's day. We opted to spend last Saturday with my husband's parents. Our girls joined us and we enjoyed a lovely lunch with them, which also included our future son-in-law. While snooping through a store the week before, I ran across this cute planter. Since my husband's mother's name is Rosemary, the girls thought it would be a fun addition to the gift card for a department store that carries one of her favorite clothing brands. So I found a decorative rosemary plant to put in it. Hardest part was keeping the older daughter's chorkie from hiking his leg on it, and thus I placed it out of his reach on the back porch.

The sweet ladies in my BSF class gave me some lovely flowers at our final fellowship last Thursday as we wrapped up our Kingdom Divided study. So I got to enjoy them through mother's day. God blessed me with a precious group this year, my first one as a leader, and I'll always remember their kindness as I fumbled around in the beginning to find my way.

The dogs were happy both daughters came home so they could get in some snuggle time. The chorkie was our older daughter's shadow all weekend. He can be really feisty, but is also a big lap baby. Sadly, our old cairn boy Ollie was diagnosed with an inoperable liver tumor almost two months ago, and so our younger daughter spent quality time with him. He's slowing down and losing weight here in our doggie hospice. However, the Lord has answered my prayers and kept his pain at bay as his life winds down and we prepare to say goodbye.  



As for me, my biggest gift was spending time with my husband and our girls. I don't take it for granted that they live close enough to visit on a regular basis. With our youngest moving to Dallas this summer and the oldest getting married, I sincerely appreciate the gift of their time. It always makes my momma's heart sad to see them go after they've come for a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment