Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Office-ially done

This morning I enjoyed the fruits of my labors over the past couple weeks, working at my desk in this lovely new office I've created. Since my office isn't too big, I love how the white cabinetry makes it feel a bit more spacious since the desk I bought at Pottery Barn basically matches the floor. My collection of blue and green glass on the lighted upper display shelves I had the cabinetmaker create for me really gives it a fresh and airy feel. The granite I chose for my cabinet tops is a bit darker than I realized, but is still very complimentary to the overall vibe and has lots of great movement.



Our beautiful girls have taken pride of place on my larger wall. The last item on my to-do list is to have our contractor drill a couple holes through the back of the cabinet drawers to connect my printer cord to the desktop. Since I opted to store it in a pull out shelf inside the cabinets rather than on the countertop, its wireless signal tends to be spotty. 

A recent fun addition to my desk was the old rotary dial phone in a shade of blue to match my decorative glass. I love nosing around for these cool old finds on eBay. Nobody has land lines anymore, and so this phone from my youth is a true technological dinosaur these days. Next up on my decorating hit list is finishing the upstairs, including the selection of a good paint color for the big buffet from our last house that matches absolutely nothing in the upstairs living area. Plus I need to get busy organizing a fun collage of vintage 1980s Southern Living magazine covers to display on my kitchen wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment