Monday, October 16, 2023

Everybody can serve

This year for my birthday I decided to volunteer my time at a local group home for girls who have been removed from their families due to abuse/neglect. At my age, birthdaypaloozas just aren't the thing anymore. So I decided to purchase items to make halloween-themed personal hygiene buckets for each of the girls. We all enjoyed a morning of crafts, snacks and a lovely visit. As the Lord admonishes us in Colossians 3:23-24, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."  


It's amazing how something simple like a fall scented body wash really makes the girls feel special, that somebody was thinking about them. These precious young ladies of God are so deserving of our time and attention. We ALL need to step out to be the hands and feet of Jesus in a world that so desperately needs Him. I encourage you to carve out some time in the BER months to make a difference in the life of a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment