Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The granddog's visit

Since I had already arranged for a house/dog sitter to stay with our furry children while we were gone, the older daughter asked if she could bring her chupacabra Chorkie over to join the pack. With his snarky behavior, Chorkie's not a good candidate for boarding. I'm sure our sitter wasn't thrilled when I gave her the news, but she's a kind soul and didn't fall on the floor to have a conniption fit. And it didn't hurt that I threw in some extra cash for her efforts to corral the beast while we were gone. Maybe buy some hard liquor, or a cattle prod. Just kidding, ha-ha-ha. Mostly.

Our older cairn girl Pepper was around Chorkie from the time he was about four months until past his third birthday. Pepper is definitely the alpha of that duo and he knows it. He never tries to bluff and bluster her, so peace reigns when it's just the two of them.

Then there's our cairn puppy Finn. At six months, he's still got that rambunctiousness and bravado, figuring out how things work and where the boundaries are. It was convenient that Chorkie was already a fan of lounging in someone's lap when he stays at Nan and Da's house, the better to get away from the wee cream beastie. By the way, those are our furry grandchildren names that will probably stick for any real grandbabies we have down the road. Anyhoo, I snapped a few pics of Chorkie in his Da's lap... at the kitchen table and in the recliner. I swear that last one below looks as if Chorkie might be possum roadkill. 



Finn has matured some. Or maybe it's just that he has gotten Chorkie's number. Oh sure, he still occasionally leaps at Chorkie in an effort to engage him to interact. However, Chorkie seldom reacts anymore and thus Finn has lost his zeal for the gin-up-Mr Fuzzy Butt game. One day last week I was in my office working and looked up to see Finn flopped down right past the office doorway, barring the way so Chorkie couldn't pass. What a little stinker, and I'm talking about both of them. Honestly, I'm just glad it appears we've hit a season of kinder and gentler behavior going forward when Chorkie comes for a visit.

Now if I can just get Chorkie to quit peeing on everything on my back porch when he's here, I'll be an incredibly happy Nan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment