Wednesday, November 1, 2023

A month of thankfulness

Back when social media was fun, before the mean and trollish behavior took hold, I remember how folks would go through November posting their thankfulness. So I'm going to kick off gobble 'til you wobble month with my gratitude for us being that much closer to the time when I can decorate with my santa collection here in our new digs.


Y'all know I can't resist a few new additions to my jolly old elf hoarding collection every year. For now, they're ferreted away on a shelf in the butler's pantry. I've added a couple vintage Fitz and Floyds I found on eBay, as well as a few other St Nicks from some of my favorite holiday decor haunts. For the back porch, I just had to have this neon red and white sign below from Etsy announcing my annual BER months motto to sit alongside a vintage blow mold santa. 'Tis the season.

Today I removed the pumpkin decorations from our front gate, in addition to trimming the water shoots off a couple oak trees out front. Now the place is all prepped for our lighting company to roll up and deck the place with twinkly red and white lights. This will be our sixth year with a candy cane theme in the yard, a tradition we started when the law student was a senior in high school and I wanted her last one while living at home to be a big production.  

You know it's just a matter of time now before at least one of our local radio stations starts playing Christmas songs. Back in the day it was just an occasional holiday song mixed in with the usual hits. Then it became all Christmas tunes on one station that started right after Thanksgiving. Now it has progressed to a few weeks before the big turkey feast. I flipped around the radio stations this morning while out running errands and was surprised I didn't hear old Bing or Brenda Lee crooning about Christmas. In case you're ready like me, have a listen and start getting into the holiday spirit. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment