Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Santa is ready to sleigh!

It has taken every ounce of willpower I can muster to resist unpacking the bins full of santas stored in my garage. These containers represent 31 years of collecting santas from all over the globe. It has been especially challenging since our quaint hill country town has been busy the last week or so decking the halls in anticipation of the annual holiday events that begin the day after Thanksgiving. Nevertheless, I'll persevere with my pretty fall decor in place through November 23. After that, all bets are off as to how quickly I'll get the pumpkins and turkeys packed away to put santa on display.

This year I've upped my game with some new holiday bedding for the master. I also bought Finn his first holiday sweater. My old Christmas gate sign from the past couple years will be flanked by these festive santas I found at the Ashley Nichole website. I also purchased new wreaths for our double front doors from the same place since I knew I wouldn't have time to whip up some fresh ones this year.



The husband is already enjoying Peppermint Bark Blue Bell, a Texas holiday tradition. I'm a fan of their Christmas Cookie flavor. Alas, I'd like to avoid resembling a Macy's Day float before we even get to turkey day, and so I refrained.

Our sweet niece made these super cute bandanas below for the pack. I love the santa pattern she chose, and the monogramming that's different for each dog is just precious. Once she graduates next fall, this determined young woman will make an outstanding teacher because she's such a thoughtful person.



No comments:

Post a Comment