Monday, November 27, 2023

Here comes Santa Claus

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the girls, the older daughter's fiance and his parents who flew in from Pennsylvania via their daughter's home in Colorado Springs. We enjoyed a feast on Thursday, with the highlight of the meal for me being my granny's cornbread dressing recipe that the law student and I whipped up. The dogs made a valiant effort of floor watching just in case an errant piece of ham or turkey was dropped. We're done with the leftovers and I'll soon begin working on my big Christmas Eve menu.

Santa has finally made an appearance at our house, and I'm thrilled. The bulk of them are the star of the show on our built-in shelves in the downstairs family room. But of course I spread them out so Santa is pretty much everywhere. Y'all know in my book there's no such thing as too many St Nick's on display.



I'm making a run to Hobby Lobby in the morning to get some festive greenery for the empty sleigh on my coffee table. Last year I had some flocked and glittery lamb's ear in it that shed all over the place. I'm thinking this year some plain old holly with a pretty bow will be a much better choice. This week I'll try to get some pics of our pretty candy cane trees lit up in the front yard, as well as the sign and lights on the front gate, so I can post them here. It really feels like the holidays around here now.


No comments:

Post a Comment