Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Cloudy sky eclipse on 4/8/24

Geez, we had all this buildup for a once-in-a-lifetime eclipse in the path of totality and I only caught glimpses of it through our rolling cloud cover here in the Texas hill country. There was no real need to use my eclipse viewing glasses, dang it. As the sky began to darken, I waited outside to see what might be visible. Sure enough, our dusk to dawn lights on the back patio turned on. I snapped a few pics, but it was honestly so disappointing a viewing with the clouds blocking out the sky that I found myself more excited about dark falling ever so briefly than what the sun looked like. I wish I'd been fast enough to get a pic when a confused bat flapped out of his daytime resting spot and flew across the backyard thinking it was night once again. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment