Monday, April 22, 2024

What the beasts are up to these days

We got to see the grand doggy earlier this month when the older daughter and her fiance drove over for the weekend. He's sassy as ever, and yet that fuzzy face, big old donkey ears and snaggled teeth are hard to resist.

I sent our own Finn and Pepper to the vet for their spring clip last month and the groomer really went to town on them. For the first couple weeks I called them my naked mole rats, for obvious reasons. Silver lining to their new look is that they don't smell as much, and certainly no knots to worry about in their fur. Or the need to brush them. 



Our neighbor's down the road have a large pasture that's covered in yellow spring flowers and their longhorns have been posing for pictures lately. So I decided to stop and snap a few to share with you. I swear they're almost frameworthy. 



And finally, I finished updating what I now call my Dutch shelf in the family room. As you can see, I've got quite a few shelves that hold mementos from our travels. China, Peru, Egypt, Israel, Germany, Jordan and England were already represented. I used my two mini blue delft houses I got on my recent flights via KLM as inspiration to build a little collection of the houses thanks to eBay. Directly in front of the #27 house that is a likeness of Anne Frank's hiding place in Amsterdam, I put the copy of "My Friend Anne Frank" by Hannah Pick-Goslar that I finished reading while in Holland last month. I also had a copy of Mirjam Bolle's "Letters Never Sent" that I placed next to it. Mirjam was a young Jewish woman working in Amsterdam who was deported to Westerbork and Bergen-Belsen, just like Anne and Hannah.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment